Posted by Matthew Loop | 10 Comments
I remember this short video when it launched a few months ago and I wanted to post it here on my blog so you could just get a sense of just how powerful and influential social media has been bringing in a global shift in communication. Here are just a few startling facts and high-points from the video:
1. By 2012 Generation Y will outnumber Baby Boomers…96% of them have joined a social network
2. Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
3. 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
4. Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38 Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years), iPod (3 Years)…Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months…iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months.
5. 80% of companies use LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees
6. The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females (prime market for chiropractors).
7. 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices…people update anywhere, anytime…imagine what that means for bad customer experiences?
8. The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
9. There are over 300,000,000 blogs
Hope you found the video very thought provoking. Not only that, I hope it causes you to take massive action and implement a social media guerrilla marketing campaign while there’s still an enormous opportunity.
– Matthew Loop
PS – Make sure to follow me on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/MatthewLoop
PPS – Need help with your social marketing? Visit http://DCincome.com/go for the fastest way to learn social media marketing and get BIG results.
Did you like this post? Click the Facebook “like” button below and share it with your friends.
Related Blog Posts