Posted by Matthew Loop | 18 Comments
Last year I was at a high-ticket internet marketing conference when one of the speakers mentioned something that I had overlooked for quite awhile in my chiropractic practice as well as my online business ventures. He said, “The #1 reason people don’t buy from you is that they don’t believe you.”
That point really resonated with me and since then I’ve tried to remove any obstacle associated with skepticism potential new patients or online customers may have.
So, how can you overcome the apprehensive nature of consumers offline and online so they eventually do business with you? Here are a few tips that I’ve found useful in my personal business endeavors to stack social proof and address other underlying resistance factors so you can acquire more buyers / customers.
1. Get video testimonials. These are so much more powerful than written ones since the potential client is face-to-face with a satisfied customer / patient of yours. Include them on your website, blast them out on the web to different video sharing networks and include them in emails that you send to your prospects so you can facilitate trust building.
2. Outline and list the benefits of the service / product you’re providing. Make sure they’re in any online and offline written copy you have. It may see obvious to you, but it may be so obvious to the customer.
3. Get reviews for your business on Google local, Yelp, CitySearch, etc… You want to have a disproportionate amount of reviews as opposed to the local competition. If the other guy has three reviews, you want 30 five-star reviews.
4. Have a follow-up system in place. Most potential customers will not buy or use your service the first time the meet you online or offline. If you get their email or phone number, you’ll have other opportunities to contact them in the future, increasing the likelihood they’ll do business with you. In many cases, you need to be a familiar face to them.
5. Make the customer feel safe at the check-out and when they order, reassuring them they’ve made a good decision. You may want to remind them that your online server is secure and that their email will be kept private.
Utilizing the methods above will ensure you get an increased conversion from those that come to your website or local business. You can have the best product / service in the world but you still need to take the customer by the hand and understand buying behavior to make consistent sales. Never “assume” they have all of the information they need to make a decision. Think of ways right now you can guide and influence the buying process while incorporating them this week.
Would love to hear your feedback or any other recommendations on how you make it easier for potential new customers / patients to utilize your products and services by removing skepticism and distrust. Leave a comment below 😉
Related Blog Posts